May 14, 2020
May 11, 2020
Kathryn brings 20+ years of banking and private business management experience to support the company’s federally regulated businesses.
After graduating college, Kathryn began her career at The Federal Reserve Bank as a Management Associate. She was first introduced to Investment Banking and Institutional Fixed Income Sales and Trading at Compass Bank where she passed the Series 7 and Series 24 exams and held the positions of Repo Trader, Asset/Liability Management Analyst, and Special Project Analyst. Wanting to venture into the world of sales and trading of fixed income, she became a Wholesale Trader/Retail Liaison at Sterne, Agee and Leach, now Stifel.
When Kathryn’s mentor at the time left Sterne, Agee and Leach to return to a bank setting, she followed. She and the team at this community bank created a proprietary risk management tool for use in their bank and to sell to other community banks. Her next career opportunity came when she was offered a position as a Relationship Manager/Commercial Banking Officer at Compass Bank.
After taking a few years sabbatical from work to have children, Kathryn returned to banking at AmSouth Bank, first as a credit underwriter in the Middle Market and as a Relationship Manager/Assistant Vice President in Wealth Management. She then took a position as a Relationship Manager/Vice President in Commercial Banking at a Birmingham community bank. Her years in banking gave her the next opportunity to be the Chief Financial Officer at Landscape Workshop, Inc, the largest commercial and residential landscape company in Alabama at that time.
Key Practice Areas
- BS, Birmingham-Southern College, Business Administration (Finance), 1992
- Canterbury United Methodist Church, Member
- Birmingham-Southern College Norton Advisory Board Member (2019)
- Friends of the Emmet O’Neal Library, President (2018-2019)
- Pastoral Counseling and Training Center, Board Member (2017-2019)
- Canterbury United Methodist Church Day School Advisory Board, Member and Chair (2014-2016)
- Canterbury UMC Outreach Programs, Carpenter’s Hands, Brown Bag Project, Encore Respite Program, Volunteer (2012-2017)
- Children’s Hospital Committee for the Future Alum (2009)