Michael is an investment banker providing M&A, financing, valuation, and advisory services for PW&Co’s clients. He has worked with clients in a broad range of industries including alternative energy, technology, manufacturing, business services, and healthcare.
Michael has over eight years of investment banking experience working with diverse clients ranging from municipalities and development stage biogas facilities to start-ups and distressed businesses. Throughout his tenure with PW&Co, he has worked across all facets of its business activities, including mergers and acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side), capital raising, municipal advisory, strategic consulting, business valuations, and distressed situation advisory. Michael maintains relationships with capital sources to provide access to private capital for our clients. Michael’s development of clear, coherent financial models and understandable, concise analysis adds significant value to the capital raising and corporate planning processes.
Michael has worked with PW&Co’s municipal advisory clients to evaluate and execute refinancing opportunities, negotiate credit rating upgrades, provide long-term business planning, and prepare for large capital projects.
Michael has valued numerous closely-held businesses for the purpose of gift/estate taxes, fairness opinions, strategic planning, credit quality, and in support of a capital raise or acquisition. Valuation experience includes controlling and minority interests in private operating companies, interests in private investment companies, marketable equity and fixed income securities, and interests in privately-held real estate investments and real estate partnerships.
Before joining PW&Co, Michael was a financial analyst with Regions Financial Corporation. He received his B.S. in Business Administration from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business with a double major in Finance and OPIM (Operations and Information Management). Michael graduated cum laude and was the recipient of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Award for scholarship and service in Operations and Information Management.
Key Practice Areas
- Georgetown University, BS, Finance and Operations and Information Management, cum laude
- CFA Charterholder
- American Society of Appraisers, Accredited Member (AM) in Business Valuation
- CFA Society of Alabama
- American Society of Appraisers, Past-President of Alabama
- Birmingham Alternative Investment Group
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Government Finance Officers Association (GFOA)
- Turnaround Management Association
- Alabama Bankers Association
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham Foundation, Chairman
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham, Past-President
- Alabama Symphony Orchestra Endowment Board
- Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama (PARCA) Roundtable
- Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program
- Rotary International, District 6860 Rotaract Representative