We advise clients on significant capital-related matters including sourcing capital, capital needs assessment, and planning for potential investments. The investment management experience of our professionals gives us an understanding of the capital needs and challenges facing both businesses and individuals alike. Our objective when advising on important capital-related issues is to support the strategic and financial objectives of each client with expertise that is traditionally only available from larger investment banking firms.
Mergers & Acquisitions Advisory
PW&Co advises businesses and their executives and shareholders across an array of industries in M&A transactions with respect to the clients’ unique goals. Through years of experience, our professionals have refined a disciplined, process-based approach to both sell-side and buy-side execution. Whether a client is seeking to grow or diversify its business through acquisitions, buy out existing shareholders, or maximize value with a defined exit strategy, PW&Co offers an unmatched commitment to identify and execute on a realizable strategy.
Business owners exploring a sale of their company need trusted advisors, who understand their specific objectives, to achieve the desired outcome. After all, selling a family-owned or closely-held business rarely happens more than once for the stakeholders involved. Our professionals collectively have decades of experience and proven success advising businesses in a client-focused approach to maximizing value and return.
- Internal strategic planning
- Valuation and due diligence
- Development of a strategic marketing process
- Identification and qualification of buyers
- Implementing a structured deal process
- Managing due diligence processes
- Negotiating with prospective acquirers
- Transaction execution at identified terms and conditions
Many companies identify an acquisitive strategy as the most effective way to grow their core business or to diversify their market position. Through many years of experience, we maintain a core belief that the highest probability of success from an acquisition starts with developing a clear and consistent acquisition strategy and maintaining a disciplined process throughout any potential transaction.
Acquisitions can be in the form of a strategic purchase of a company’s competitor or one in its supply chain, a management team’s buyout of existing ownership, or a financial investment into a new industry vertical or market. Our professionals have frequently advised on successful acquisitions by understanding our clients’ objectives and instilling experience and discipline into the strategic acquisition process.
- Long-term strategic planning
- Identification and development of an acquisition strategy
- Qualification of potential acquisition prospects
- In-depth due diligence and valuation of specific targets
- Negotiating and structuring deal value and other considerations
- Engaging capital markets and identifying transaction funding options
- Strategic execution of deal to support successful investment returns
We have provided businesses and other organizations with skilled and insightful capital advisory services. Accessing capital for middle-market companies can be challenging, and our professionals maintain deep and long-standing relationships with potential lenders and other capital providers that are uniquely positioned to meet their specific needs.
- Asset-based loans
- Senior credit facilities
- Subordinated debt
- Unitranche loans
- Acquisition financing
- Structured credit and derivatives