- Rotaract Club of Birmingham, Board of Directors
- Public Affairs Research Council of Alabama (PARCA) Roundtable, Member
- Birmingham Museum of Art Junior Patrons, Board Member
- Parks and Recreation Board of Jefferson County, Chairman
- Georgetown University Alumni Admissions Program, Member
- Georgetown University, BS, Finance and Operations and Information Management, cum laude
- CFA Charterholder
- American Society of Appraisers, Accredited Member (AM) in Business Valuation
- CFA Society of Alabama
- American Society of Appraisers, President (Alabama Chapter)
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- Birmingham Alternative Investment Group (BAIG)
Michael has over six years of investment banking experience working with diverse clients ranging from municipalities and development stage biogas facilities to start-ups and distressed businesses. Throughout his tenure with PW&Co, he has worked across all facets of its business activities, including mergers and acquisitions (buy-side and sell-side), capital raising, municipal advisory
, strategic consulting, business valuations
, and distressed situation advisory. Michael maintains relationships with capital sources to provide access to private capital for our clients. Michael’s development of clear, coherent financial models and understandable, concise analysis adds significant value to the capital raising and corporate planning processes.
Michael has worked with PW&Co’s municipal advisory
clients to evaluate and execute refinancing opportunities, negotiate credit rating upgrades, provide long-term business planning, and prepare for large capital projects.
Michael has valued numerous closely-held businesses for the purpose of gift/estate taxes, fairness opinions, strategic planning, credit quality, and in support of a capital raise or acquisition. Valuation experience
includes controlling and minority interests in private operating companies, interests in private investment companies, marketable equity and fixed income securities, and interests in privately-held real estate investments and real estate partnerships.
Before joining PW&Co, Michael was a financial analyst with Regions Financial Corporation. He received his B.S. in Business Administration from Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business with a double major in Finance and OPIM (Operations and Information Management). Michael graduated cum laude and was the recipient of the PricewaterhouseCoopers Award for scholarship and service in Operations and Information Management. He interned with the Intelligence Solutions division of Northrop Grumman Advisory Services (TASC) and Georgetown University’s Capital Markets Research Center.