I am writing to inform you of the change in the name of our registered investment advisor from PW Advisers, Inc. to Porter White Investment Advisors, Inc. This is only a change of name, everything else remains the same.
As a small firm with multiple lines of business, we sometimes struggle to explain what we do. We also have significant regulatory oversight and need to divide our activities among business entities, both regulated and un-regulated. Most people know us as Porter White, not necessarily PW Advisers, so we have changed the name of this entity to Porter White Investment Advisors. It remains an SEC Registered Investment Advisor. We hope that this name change will clarify this line of business and tie it to our long history of serving clients in many different ways.
You may be interested to know the other various entities comprising Porter White and the activities in which the firm engages. The table below summarizes the functions of each of our entities.
Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions about this or any other matter relating to your account. We appreciate your business and look forward to continuing to serve your investment needs.
Goodloe H. White, CFA
Porter White Corporate Structure
Porter White & Company, Inc.
- SEC Registered and FINRA Member Broker Dealer
- Raises capital for businesses
- Public sector financial advisory
Porter White Capital Advisors, Inc.
- General financial advisory and consulting
- Restructuring and distress situation consulting
Porter White Investment Advisors, Inc.
- SEC Registered Investment Advisor
- Manages investments for individuals, retirement plans and institutions
PWCO Services, Inc.
- Corporate restructuring resolution services
- Collateral agent services
Note: All companies are wholly owned subsidiaries of Porter White Companies, Inc.