Mary Meadows Livingston is a Vice President with PW&Co who spends the majority of her time with the wealth management practice focusing on comprehensive financial planning. As a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ practitioner and a CFA® Charterholder, she has both the quantitative background to analyze markets and investments and the ability to explain difficult concepts. Personal relationships and trust are key to a successful financial plan, and Mary Meadows enjoys working with a diverse set of clients who have unique needs and stories.
Mary Meadows received her BA in Psychology from the University of Virginia in 2006. She also earned a MT in Early Childhood and Developmental Risk from Virginia in the same year. Before working at PW&Co, Mary Meadows spent five years teaching early childhood special education at The Bell Center for Early Intervention. She gained valuable experience and came to understand the financial challenges that can be inherent in running a non-profit organization. She also recognized the importance of planning for the future, as many families with whom she worked had significant unexpected life changes. Taking what she learned from her first career, she changed directions to be able to guide individuals and families to develop and reach financial goals. A native of Mississippi but long-time resident of Birmingham, Mary Meadows is committed to the city and enjoys serving the community through various organizations and leadership roles. She joined the firm in June 2011.
Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards Inc. owns the certification marks CFP®, Certified Financial Planner™ and federally registered CFP (with flame design) in the U.S., which it awards to individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
Key Practice Areas
- BA, University of Virginia
- MT, University of Virginia
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ Practitioner, 2014
- Chartered Financial Analyst, 2019
- Financial Planning Association of North Alabama member and Public Relations Director
- CFA Society of Alabama, Member
- Licensed producer in Alabama for Life and Health insurance
- Series 66, Investment Adviser Representative
- Birmingham Education Foundation Junior Board, Chair
- Kiwanis Club of Birmingham, member
- Cathedral Church of the Advent, Member
- Birmingham Holocaust Education Center, Board Member, Finance Committee
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham, Vice President (2016-2017)
- Rotaract Club of Birmingham, Service Director (2015-2016)
- Lakeshore Foundation Volunteer & Junior Board Member (2009-2014)
- Better Basics Ready to Read Program (2011-2018)
- CASA of Jefferson County Junior Board (2014-2016)