- Glenwood Autism & Behavioral Health Center, Junior Board Member
- Children’s of Alabama, Foundation Volunteer
- United Way of Central Alabama, Pacesetter Organization and Visiting Allocation Team
- Cathedral Church of the Advent, Member
- BA, Sewanee: The University of the South
- MBA, University of Alabama
- Level I candidate in the CFA Program
- Turnaround Management Association
- Commercial Finance Association
- Alabama Bankers Association
Murray began his professional career at First American Bank in Birmingham, Alabama, the largest subsidiary of the former Alabama National BanCorporation. During his time at Alabama National, Murray served in various capacities, including roles at its investment subsidiary, and in First American’s commercial banking group. After completing his graduate degree (MBA), Murray worked briefly for BBVA Compass in a business development capacity, prior to rejoining the former Alabama National/First American management team upon its taking control of a Birmingham-based private bank holding company in October 2010.
Most recently, Murray served National Bank of Commerce (NBC) as Senior Credit Officer. During his tenure, Murray led a team responsible for a $1 billion loan portfolio, while implementing best practices and credit policies that placed the bank among the leaders in its peer group on asset quality. His team’s efforts helped NBC successfully and swiftly effect the OCC’s termination of a Formal Agreement that that had been placed on the acquired bank prior to its acquisition.
Additionally, Murray was on the due diligence team for two whole-bank acquisitions, as well as the purchase of a majority stake in a transaction-based finance company. During this period, Murray also served as liaison to the Executive Credit Committee covering the newly-acquired business segment. He also managed project coordination in support of the March 2015 IPO of NBC’s holding company common stock (NASDAQ: NCOM).